Recipe: Pan Grilled Salmon

Salam Alayk. Well, hello there people! :)

Basically I've had just started getting serious with these fitness things (obviously because I am so tired being the same old self LOL) and guess what, I started everything since after Raya (one week after first day of Raya, to be precise) and I lost almost 5 kg to date so YAY!

But it requires a looooooooooot of efforts (by any means, devotedly heading my butts off to the gym like, everyday - and less cheating. Sigh, cheating is indeed my soooo supernatural ability) and one thing that my coach emphasized a lot when it comes to dealing with my seriously manly eating habit (read: nafsu makan anak jin) is to watch out my meals (but all I ever did is counting calories LOL).

(Oh ya, btw I'm using the SparkPeople app to keep track of my daily calorie intake and calories burned. It's super helpful that your healthy-conscious self may want to check it out on PlayStore. Haha)


To be honest, I eat out almost every day because: 1) I don't even know how to cook HAHA très lame I know LOL; 2) my family are indeed super busy that we rarely had meals together; 3) #2 provides me more reason not to cook because no one else's going to eat anyway. Tak baik membazir HAHA. But then eating out shall be harmful to my strict diet, I decided to cook my own meals. Amusing, huh!

Frankly, I don't favor meats (I ain't vegetarian anyway) - I prefer fish. Thus, salmon becomes a staple to my daily meals, simply because it is packed with high omega 3 for which aiding your weight loss and muscle building, obviously. So todaaaaay, I would like to share a super easy recipe I found on the Internet (but LOL sorry I cannot recall which website it was from) - Sorry for the super long rant that obviously had nothing to do with the post title anyway, was just too excited to share literally everything HAHA. 

Pan Grilled Salmon


Ingredients:

1 pc salmon fillet
2-3 or 4 teaspoon soy sauce
2-3 or 4 teaspoon brown sugar
2-3 or 4 teaspoon water
2 teaspoon vegetable oil
Garlic powder
Salt
Lemon pepper to taste


Before that, I used ABC Kicap Manis Pekat so for that reason I reduced the quantity of brown sugar to 2 teaspoon while the rests I used 4 teaspoon - because I love enhanced flavors ehehe. Use whatever suits your preference :D

Steps: 


1) Season fillet with lemon pepper, salt and garlic powder to taste. Here I added some mixed herb to reduce the fishy smell. Set aside.


2) In another bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water and vegetable oil until the sugar dissolved well. Take the seasoned fillet, place it in the mix (make sure the mix coats both side of the fillets) and refrigerate for 2 hours.


3) Lightly oil the pan (I used butter instead for more flavor!) Cook for 6 to 8 mins per side or till well cooked (the meat should be flaky). Serve with pasta or salad or whatever suits your preference!


Just so you know this recipe is packed with 318 kcal, total of 20.1g fats including 3.4 g saturated fat, 56 mg cholesterol, 1092 mg sodium, 12.1g sugar, 389 mg potassium, total of 13.2 g carbs including 0.1 g dietary fiber and 20.5 g protein! Most importantly, it's super easy you can even make it every day :)


By the way, since I've becoming sooooo nekad on preparing my own meals, I even created my own cookbook where I did salin all the recipes I've found on the Internet/TV shows/newspaper articles/magazines. So watch out this space for more! ;)

Till the next post, xx <3 p="">

No comments: