Mercy Mission's Twins of Faith 2012

As mentioned in previous post, I volunteered for the Twins of Faith conference this year. Actually in the beginning I had no idea what Twins of Faith is - I don't even know Mercy Mission was ever exist! Thanks Syafiqah to introduce me all these stuffs anyway - apparently she was the one who brought me forward to join all these volunteering activities.

To be a volunteer actually does not require you much - except for certain events where you have to meet the requirements - like MERCY Malaysia; we have to be interviewed and undergo the screening process as well. Believe me it was a real tough job man (will talk more about this later).

Disclaimer: Just for your information, MERCY Malaysia and Mercy Mission are two different bodies and not associated to each other.

The all access pass that should not being taken for granted :P
Moving on, we went for the two days Twins of Faith conference which was on the 29th and 30th December last year (ewah, last year. Macam pelik bunyinya, padahal baru dua minggu lepas je haha) As for me and Azura, we went to PICC by bus provided by them – so we walked all the way to the IIUM Rectory building as early as at 5.15 a.m. Yeah, sounds crazy and pretty much creepy too – meredah kepekatan malam yang sunyi lagi sepi tambah-tambah pulak dengan cerita macam-macam yang jadi lately. Plus, it turned out that both me and Azura and also another sister were the only Malay among the 30 person in that bus. Blerghh talk about the feeling of being, erm terpinggir? A bit, though.

Since Mercy Mission is a UK – based organization so most of the time we were using English – as more than half the number of volunteers were consisting of foreigners. Yeap, imagine our hardship to communicate with these people. Besides, with all these people coming from awesome really made us felt a bit embarrassed for not being able to speak well.

There we were in charge for Sister’s Corner with awesome team mates. Most of my teammates were studying abroad and being home for their semester break. At first, it was really thrilling yet a bit inferior to mingle with these girls but they were really nice indeed.

The Sister's Corner's sisters :D


Sister’s Corner is one of the zone in the Twins of Faith – specially catered for sisters only.  It was more likely a place for the sisters to get pampered with some SPA treatment, manicures, henna designs and even makeover. Oh yes it did sound really girlish for me as I never get myself pampered. It was so not me anyway. Haha.

Being assigned for registration zone is quite a challenge for me since we had to communicate with the visitors; regardless whoever they are. I was really nervous during my first few-hours shift. However, it’s quite an advantage though that I can improve my communication skills by it.

Meet Ain Farhah, my duty partner :)
The best part of being in the Sister’s Corner is definitely the experience of working with awesome teammates and also the chances of meeting celebrities and VIPs – we got the chance to greet and meet them personally hehe. We managed to chat with Ustazah Nik (damn I just couldn't remember her name -.-) from ‘Tanyalah Ustazah’, and meet Diana Amir, the Scarflets sisters and many more. I even have a chat with Sheikh Daood Butt’s wife. She was really sweet – I remembered the moment she asked for a makeover and told us ‘I want to surprise my husband with my new look.’ Aww, isn’t she sweet?


Meet these two cheekiest person in our team – Jessica Zahra was our project manager . She had just reverted to Islam since April last year – her story was then published in Harian Metro anyway. Her story really showed how beautiful a hidayah really is. It was quite a long story so I had no guts telling everything here. Anyway you could just google her name and search for her story hihi. 

Standing next to her in the picture is Kak Idzni, a medical student in London, UK. Apparently, she took one-year study leave as she really missed Malaysia. Listening to her experiences studying abroad and boy, I was thrilled! I wish I can be there too someday, Insya Allah :)

The best part of being a volunteer is definitely getting the access to all zones during our mid-shift break - for free, despite of paying RM250 for the ticket. So, we got the chance to visit almost all the zones – the marriage corner (eventhough we're still single, sexy and free. eheh!), the X-zone, the artist corner etc.; and listened to numerous talks at the main auditorium – well actually at most of the time we listened to the talks via live streaming from the Sister’s Corner itself. Well, it’s definitely a waste if we are not using the advantages provided to the fullest, aite?

The Arts Zone : Really adore those paintings a lot!
One of the talks given at Plenary Hall
Even though the Twins of Faith conference had ended, we were still considered as part of the Mercy Mission team and AlKauthar family, yet we still received lots of advantages anyway – like staff rates for their programs and courses etc. Talk about the feeling of being appreciated LOL! I guess being a volunteer is never a bad idea though. I'm definitely looking forward to work with them again in the future :)

It feels really good to be part of them :)



I'm so sorry for the terrible English usage throughout the entry. It's just that I need quite some time to brush up my English - dah lama tak speaking menulis bagai haha.

No comments: